Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV), also known as drones, we can obtain a live feed of images back to a ground station, allowing us to inspect assets at height for defects. This is a safe method that offers ‘real-time’ and recorded inspection data for traditionally challenging assets.
Our aircraft are battery operated with up to a 1.5km range, utilise GPS-stabilised control and are ideal for vertical asset inspection thanks to their ability to access difficult or dangerous sites. Ground based inspections can only identify a few elements, such as pole integrity, age assessment and a far off visual inspection. Aerial controls allow a cross arm assessment, vegetation easement patrol, bush fire/pre-storm season patrols, steel conductor assessments and tower and structure assessments.
FEATURES OF USING OUR AIRCRAFT INCLUDE:
- Remote controlled operation using GPS waypoint navigation
- Vertical take-off and landing
- High resolution geo-referenced images
- Visual Line of Sight (VLOS) range of operation (model dependant)
- Multiple camera options available (4K motion picture, still, FLIR)
- Safe, non-invasive inspection tool.